Do you live in a place where there is high humidity during certain times of the year? If Average Relative Humidity levels in your home are above 55%, you may begin experiencing some problems.
Here are 10 reasons why this may be affecting the quality of your life:
1. Musty smells cause stress. High levels of humidity cause musty smells and bad smells can cause stress. What? Yes! Believe it or not, this has been tested. One experiment showed that our brains remain alert if there are unpleasant smells around. If they're present while we're sleeping, the chances of not sleeping well are high and we can wake up stressed and tired.
When odors are removed from our environment our brains are able to rest, helping us improve the quality of our sleep. On the other hand, have you heard that pleasant aromas have a positive impact on our mental and emotional health?
2. Harmful effects on your health. When indoor relative humidity levels are above 55%, mold, mildew, bacteria, dust mites and allergens will appear. This can affect your health, as respiratory infections and allergies may begin to develop.
3. Your home getting wrecked. Don’t we all want a quality home? Don’t we want a home that looks nice? Having a quality home is part of our well-being. And to see our home getting damaged, can make us feel pretty discontent. It’s also not a very good thing for our budget. Humidity may be having a negative effect on your floors, paint on walls and ceilings.
4. Oh no! More cockroaches! Bugs such as cockroaches love humidity and dry environments can make them really weak. For some of us seeing one is a stressful experience because they make us feel quite scared. And if they don’t scare you? Roaches can sometimes carry allergens and sickness-causing bacteria. So, it’s best if they live somewhere different to your home.
5. Smelly clothes: Looking great, but there’s an odor? You bought that pretty dress or a nice shirt and want to wear it again and again. However, there's some humidity inside your closet and your favorite clothes have begun to get a musty smell. There’s no need to blush. Many of us have experienced this situation. Looking good is important, but so is smelling nice: isn’t it?
6. Damaged electronic devices. Your precious electronic devices can get damaged when moisture levels rise. This happens because when humidity levels are above 60%, corrosion starts to increase very quickly. When this happens it develops into rust, which may lead to the malfunctioning of your devices. You may want to spend your dollars on something different to fixing them: don’t you?
7. More bad hair days. Have you spent an hour or so fixing your hair, only to find that some minutes later that it’s already frizzy? Yes, high humidity levels increase your chances of having more bad hair days. This can result in a waste of time and your “getting upset alarm” turning on. We all know that time is precious!
8. Furniture lasting less. Wooden furniture never runs out of style. But when humidity is around, wood tends to expand and deteriorate and may even get some mold! Metallic furniture may also develop some rust. This means you will need to spend some of your quality time and dollars in fixing it, or you may need to purchase some new furniture.
9. You may have to spend more time cleaning. Do you love spending time cleaning your house? While you may love it, maybe you’d prefer to spend some more quality time with your family and friends, or doing other activities that you really love. Cleaning mold can take away some of your precious time. If cleaning is not your favorite activity, humidity may be reducing the number of quality moments in your life.
10. Fewer visits from your family and friends. Have you stopped wanting to invite your family and friends over to visit because of that musty smell? Do you think they may feel uncomfortable? Have you ever wanted to leave a place, because the smell makes you feel awkward? You can probably think of a moment when you experienced this situation.
The good news is that all this can be solved, or at least reduced. Do you want to know how? One of the 9 ways to fight humidity is to use a dehumidifier to get rid of excess humidity in the air. Dehumidifiers reduce indoor relative humidity levels in your home, bringing them down to healthy levels.
We’ll also be posting solutions for these and more situations that need attention. There are always ways to improve the quality of your home.
TOSOT Dehumidifier Reviews
"I have the 70 pint TOSOT and it has been great for keeping the humidity down to whatever I set it at. I have it setup with the hose for drain so I'm not sure how much water it collects. It has been 70 to 80 percent humidity. If I set it at the lowest setting 35 percent within 2 hours I have seen it down to 31 percent. Since it works so well trying it out I now have it set at 45 percent and it stays within 41 to 47 percent." 70 Pint Dehumidifier Customer
Questions or comments?
Feel free to contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use information at your own risk: The information presented is intended for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical or home improvement advice. The information and suggestions should be discussed with a professional. You are responsible for independently verifying the information if you intend to rely upon or use it in any way. You use all information at your own risk.
Leave a comment