Imagine this: after countless hours of operation, you have found that your dehumidifier is collecting water in the drain bucket instead of draining automatically. Don’t panic!
It may be a simple issue such as the loosening of the drain hose or a broken hose connecter. Follow the below instructions to diagnose and fix the issue quickly.
If You Are Having Issues With Gravity Drainage
All TOSOT dehumidifiers come with a gravity drainage function. If your unit collects water in the bucket instead of draining through the hose, check the following:
- Make sure the hose is routed downward. A drain hose that bends or that has been routed to drain water uphill will not work. This drain setup relies on gravity to work correctly.
- Check to ensure that your drain hose is free from bends, kinks, clogs, or other damage that may prevent water from flowing freely.
- Ensure that the hose end is not resting in standing water. This will prevent water from draining due to the pressure created by the standing water. Adjust the hose end so that it is not in standing water.
- Check to verify that the drain hose has been installed correctly on the hose thread connection. Please use a garden hose with a ¾” female connection. Improper installation may result in the unit continuing to drain into the bucket or not draining at all.
- Cut off any excess hose so that it is moving in a straight line to the drain.
- Unplug the unit to reset. Restart the unit after a couple of hours.
If You Are Having Issues With Pump Drainage
Pump drainage is only available for the models with a built-in pump. If the pump is not working correctly, please follow the below steps.
Step 1: Check that the Drain Hose is Installed Correctly
The internal pump can pump water up to 15 feet, but please note that installing the hose in a completely vertical direction higher than 60 degrees may impact performance. Please check if there are any obstacles in the drain hose and if the hose has spread out naturally.
Step 2: Check the Pump Connection
Please locate the pump connector at the back of the unit. Check if the grey joint part (refer to the picture below) is broken or missing.
After that, remove the bucket and fill it with water. Locate the water outlet, a grey part on the back of the bucket (see picture below), and press it a few times to check if it leaks any water.
If any of the above components do not behave like what we have described, please contact us via email@example.com so we can offer more solutions.
Step 3: Reset the Pump Function
If the above components have been confirmed, then there may be a malfunction with the pump function itself. Don't worry. You can make it work again.
First, fill the drain bucket completely with water and reinsert it back into the dehumidifier. Turn on the dehumidifier and the Full indicator above the Pump button on the screen will light up. At this time, press the Pump button for 5 seconds and see if the pump starts to work. This can help reset the pump function.
If you need any further assistance, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to help!
Leave a comment